Access your backup data on your computer with inDefend Mobile Backup - Desktop Agent
inDefend Mobile Backup - Desktop Agent lets you access all your backup data from our cloud server and view it on your computer.
Take a secure data backup from your Android smartphone using inDefend Mobile Backup, and access your backup data using inDefend Mobile Desktop Agent. It's that easy !
Figure 1: Screen showing version info for the Desktop Agent.
Benefits of inDefend Mobile Backup - Desktop Agent
- Access your data anytime you want, any where you want
- Access your essential smartphone data at a granular level
- Stay worry-free about your essential smartphone data- even if your smartphone gets lost or stolen, inDefend Mobile Backup – Desktop Agent can help you recover your backup data from our cloud server
- If for some reason you are unable to restore your backup data on your Android smartphone, you can download a copy of your backup data onto a Windows-based computer using inDefend Mobile Backup – Desktop Agent
Key features of inDefend Mobile Backup - Desktop Agent
- Access all your backup states stored on our cloud server.
- View all the stored data related to your smartphone’s backup states. This data relates to SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Browser History, Bookmarks, Calendar and System Settings.
- View backup data related to all smartphones mapped to your inDefend Mobile Backup account.
- Instantly search through your backup data for specific keywords.
- Ability to export all your backup data in the form of an excel spreadsheet (XML or XLS).
- Ability to export contacts data in vCard Format (VCF), a world-wide mode of contacts exchange and storage. Using this format, you can import all your contacts to an Android smartphone, iPhone or your email account.
- Works on any Windows based computer, you need to login with the same credentials (email ID and password) that you have used with inDefend Mobile Backup for Android.
Figure 2: Login Screen
Email ID should be of the format "name"@"domain".
Examples of proper email IDs: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Examples of improper email IDs: johndoe (no domain name mentioned), firstname.lastname@example.org (invalid domain name)
- If your computer is connected to the internet via a proxy server, you must configure inDefend Mobile Backup - Desktop Agent to gain internet access in the same manner by clicking on the "Connection Settings" Link.
Figure 3: Home Screen
The home screen of inDefend Mobile Backup shows the following information to the users:
- List of various devices (smartphones) mapped to the user's inDefend Mobile Backup account
- List of all backup states corresponding to a particular smartphone
- Links providing more information about inDefend Mobile Backup - Online help, Product page and About Section
Users can view all the data corresponding to a particular backup state by clicking on the name of the backup state. A download operation is started, which fetches all data corresponding to the selected backup operation, decrypts the data and displays it in another screen.
Figure 4: Progress bar showing download progress while fetching backup data
Figure 5: Sample Screen showing details of calendar-related backup data
After the download of a particular backup state is completed, the data contained in that state is classified into different types and shown in separate tabs. Data types correspond to Contacts, SMS, Calendar, History, Bookmarks, Settings and Call Logs.
Each tab corresponds to data of one type. The left panel of this screen shows the number of backup data elements of each type that were stored in this backup state.
Figure 6: Sample Screen showing details of Call Logs-related backup data
Furthermore, users can search for an element from the entire list by entering a particular keyword corresponding to that element.
Figure 7: Sample Screen showing details of SMS-related backup data
Users can download a copy of their backup data from our cloud server by clicking on "Export Backup Data" link, located on the left panel.
Figure 8: Screen showing export data feature of inDefend Mobile Backup - Desktop Agent
The "Export Data" tab allows you to export all data corresponding to a backup state in XML or XLS format. Additionally, you can also export your contact data from our cloud server in vCard format.
The vCard Format (VCF) is a world-wide mode of contacts exchange and storage. Using this format, you can import all your contacts to an Android smartphone, iPhone or your email account.
To know more about the vCard format, click here.
Dataresolve Technologies (P) Ltd.,
Data Resolve Technologies is a product based company from IIT, Kharagpur, India. The company offers products and solutions, which customers can buy online for Data Loss Detection, Prevention, Monitoring and Reporting.
Our security products help to enforce our customers prevent data theft,identity theft and maintain an enterprise wide software and data usage monitoring through vulnerable endpoints.
Visit our company website for more information: http://dataresolve.com
Copyright © Dataresolve Technologies Private Limited, 2008-2012. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED